5 reasons why you should be taking care of yourself
Self-care begins with you in the first place and not involves only physical care but mental care as well.
In this era, it is important for us to be careful of our self. Self care is an important task that demands your love and care for self. It is important to leading a healthy, happy, and blissful life.
Taking care of yourself is one of the best things you can do for yourself or those around you. It is like recharging or fueling your body with what it needs the most, and that is self-care. It is easy to put ourselves at the last while taking care of the family with financial goals set in the mind. But we often forget that taking care of the loved one begins with nourishing our body with self-love.
Just like your physical body needs nourishment in the form of foods and drinks, the mind also needs nourishment in the form of rest. Rest does not certainly mean lying on the bed for no apparent reason, but it means allowing the mind to take rest from the millions of thoughts that run uselessly. Resting will also assure that you withdraw your mind from the grudges you fill in about umpteen people you meet on a day to day basis. The more you charge your mind with your idea of self-care, a little more you will enjoy your life.
“A depressed mind cannot even sustain the happiness that life offers him.”
If you do not take care of yourself, you may lose the ability to enjoy the most important events in your life. Taking care of your mind, body, and spirit is vital for a happy and worthy living. It is not selfish at all, and you should not feel guilty about the idea of self-love because if we cannot give something freely to ourselves, then forgets the idea of offering unconditional love to those around you.
There are a few reasons why you must be taking care of yourself in the first place:
- It will help heal your pain: Often deep inside, we bury some grief about the adverse events that happen in our life. Some people even hold what the other person said them years back because they don't want to forgive the words that were uttered for them. But little do people know that holding on hurts oneself more than it does to anyone else.
- You will be better at giving unconditionally: At the stage when you are left with no emotions inside, you cannot offer the love and care your loved one need from you. The one with an empty heart can even feel jealous of other people's happiness, including that of their families.
- You will witness an improvement in your memory: Most of us are living a sleep-deprived life and so tend to become more frustrated and irritated than ever before. The cost is losing health and wealth and even antis-social life. So, make sure that you take at least 7 hours of sleep every day. This will improve your memory; make life much better than you were leading before.
- Boost up your mood: Having mood swings for no reason? Nowadays, we have started giving a logical reason for everything. We feel stressed out and think it is justified to feel so when you work 9 to 9. Well, it is not. Those who are emotionally strengthened can never feel work as a burden if their mind contends.
Some tips that can help walk through the journey of self-care
Self-care begins the moment you think of not compromising your peace of mind. In Science Divine, founder Sadhguru Sakshi Shree Ji talks about self-care in various ways, such as:
- Make sure that you are eating healthy
- Go out and spend time with nature
- No matter what never allow your mind to mutter negatively about yourself
- Make sure that you are not one of those gadgetholic
- Practice yogic science
- Meditate for sometime
- Always spare some “me time” from your routine
- Be mindful of your thinking pattern
- Read inspirational blogs
- Learn the art of forgiving people even if you are right at your place