With annual revenue in the billions, Apple Inc. has grown to become one of the most powerful companies in the world. Apple introduces amazing new technology and products while creating employment throughout the world.
1. The name ‘Apple’ came from founder Steve Jobs’ like of the fruit. Mystery surrounded the reason for the name Apple, but in truth, it was just the fruit that Jobs liked and named the company after that.
2. Apple has a ‘no smoking’ ban regarding their computers. As ridiculous as it sounds, if you smoke while using an Apple computer, you void the warranty – you’ve been warned!
3. Apple employs more people than a good-sized city. Apple employs over 90,000 people. However, millions more make money from Apple, and that ranges from sales affiliates to mom-and-pop shops around the world.
4. Apple is so successful it has twice the amount of money as the U.S. Treasury.
5. Apple scored big time with the iPod. The creator, Tony Fadell, had originally offered the device to both Real Networks and Philips. Both companies turned it down.
6. Apple is so successful that in the first quarter of 2014, it made more money than Amazon, Google, and Facebook combined.
7. Apple has around $150 billion in excess capital. It could buy companies like Netflix, Twitter, Tesla, and Facebook.
8. Apple Inc’s market cap is bigger than the GDP of 25 countries in the world.
9. Apple Sold 849,450 iPhones per day in 2018.
10. The first Apple logo, drawn by Ronald Wayne (the third co-founder of the brand), depicted Isaac Newton under an apple tree.
11. Every Apple iPhone ad displays the time as 9:41 AM, the time Steve Jobs unveiled it in 2007.
12. In early 2015, Apple became the first-ever $700 billion company.
13. Apple iPad’s retina display is actually manufactured by Samsung. Samsung makes about 30% of the A8 chips that go into Apple’s iPhone 6
14. China is currently Apple’s second biggest market, trailing only the United States. Revenue in China grew to nearly $17 billion in the second quarter of 2015.
15. Apple Is Worth More Than The Entire Russian Stock Market.
16. Apple Macbook Pro can stop a .22 cal and a 9mm handgun.
17. The iPad doesn’t have a calculator app.
18. To raise capital for Apple, co-founder Steve Wozniak had to sell his scientific calculator.
19. Apple was the first to make a digital color camera.
20. Even with an estimated net worth of $7 billion, for the last 15 years with the company, CEO Steve Jobs was only paid $1, so he could qualify for the company’s health benefits.